Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 56: Checking In

Its been awhile since I wrote a post. There haven't been a lot of changed to the actual source localization, but I've spent a lot of time trying to integrate my work into the existing MNE repository.

For the past 2 weeks or so, I've been struggling with visualizing source spaces. This is an integral part of visualizing the source estimates. While I've been having success plotting the exact locations of source dipoles in down-sampled source spaces (e.g. volumes with 5 mm spacing, or surfaces with 6 mm spacing), when I try to interpolate onto a higher resolution image, I can't seem to get the right transformations for the surface sources.

For instance, the image below shows the source spaces for the cerebellum (blue) and the cortex (white). They look pixellated because they're lower resolution than the mri image.

But when I try to create higher resolution images of the source spaces, the cerebellum lines up but the cortex does not.

The goal now is to go through the code and find out exactly what coordinate frames the surfaces and volumes are generated in and then figure out how to transform from one coordinate system to another.

If you're interested in more details, the nitty gritty details have been on this pull request on github.

No comments:

Post a Comment